Carl W. and his wife Margarite A. Hall came to Warren in 1920 and renovated a large home at 533 North Park Avenue into the Carl W. Hall Funeral Home.
We're celebrating 100 years in the Warren Community, watch our video below.
The Original Building
Carl W. Hall 1896 – 1975
Margarite A. Hall 1898 - 1992
From this location, just two blocks north of the city square we have served the Warren Trumbull County area for over ninety-three years. The funeral home is still operated by the Hall family. It is presently managed by our third generation funeral directors and has begun preparation for the fourth generation.
Mark Liggett Hall 1928 - 2015
Carlie Hall Barnett 1926 – 2013
During the 1950’s and through the 1980’s, Mark Liggett Hall and Carlie Hall Barnett joined their parents as funeral directors and embalmers. They were responsible for the renovation of the funeral home and the addition of a formal chapel, a new garage, increasing the parking area and a major upgrade to the preparation room. Ambulance service was an important part of the business, providing services to the community from the 1930’s to the late 1970’s. The Carl W. Hall ambulance was a familiar sight at the county fair, high school sporting events and parades.
Carl R. Barnett
Mark Lewis Hall
From the late 1980’s to the present the funeral home has been managed by Carl R. Barnett and Mark Lewis Hall grandsons of Carl and Margarite. During these years the Carl W. Hall Funeral Planning Agency was established, in order to better serve the community with pre-planning services. We have also redecorated our facility, added an on site crematory, a new parking lot, a large portico with a smoking area and a handicap ramp.
An inscription on the monument of our founders, Carl W. and Margarite A. Hall, characterizes the substance of their lives. It is from Micah 6:8: "And what does the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, love mercy and walk humbly with thy God." We appreciate the wonderful Christian heritage that was given to us.